Accommodation & Travel
The City of Santa Fe has published a link that describes how to travel to Santa Fe. You are encouraged to view this by clicking (Plan Your Trip box above). We also personally want to provide the following options for traveling to Santa Fe by air:
- Santa Fe is served by the Santa Fe Municipal Airport (airport code SAF, https://www.santafenm.gov/airport) and is located about 12 miles from the Santa Fe Plaza. SAF is a small airport, offering non-stop “commuter” flights to Dallas, Denver and Phoenix. Please note, the Santa Fe airport is not served by the Santa Fe Trails bus system.
- Albuquerque is served by the Albuquerque International Sunport (airport code ABQ, http://www.abqsunport.com/). Most major US airlines schedule regular flights into and out of ABQ. For reference, most Los Alamos personnel, when traveling, choose to fly via ABQ.
- The next closest major airport is Denver International (DEN, http://www.flydenver.com/). Apart from the commuter flights to Santa Fe (SAF) mentioned above, driving time from Denver to Santa Fe is approximately 6 hours by interstate, 7 hours by the US State Highway system.
- Rental Cars
- Rental cars are available at the airports (SAF, ABQ, DEN). Rental cars are also available from off-airport vendors in Santa Fe.
- Two shuttle companies - RoadRunner Shuttle and Sandia ShuttleXpress - offer both one-way and roundtrip shuttle services between ABQ and Santa Fe locations.
- The New Mexico Rail Runner train provides rail service between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. Please note that you will need to take a taxi from ABQ to the train station in Albuquerque and from the train station in Santa Fe to the hotel.
Main Conference Venue:
Special accommodations have been made to ensure US government employees meet current government lodging requirements. Please note, all those requesting the US government rate will be required to show proof of their affiliations.
The week prior to our conference Santa Fe is hosting its annual Indian Market. It is a great event highlighting the great arts in the southwest. For more information visit http://swaia.org/Indian_Market/2017_Schedule_and_Tickets/index.html. Please be aware that the committee has negotiated with the following hotels to get a reduced rate during our conference, but this rate will not be available on the dates prior to our event because of the demand for Indian Market. If you want to arrive early, making arrangements to stay in Albuquerque for those days prior may be the best choice.
Main Conference Hotel:
For conference and US government rates, please advise the hotel you want the rooms associated with the FEL Conference (verification will be required for the US government rate).